A Devon photographer’s Dartmoor workshops have been chosen as one of a collection of immersive experiences for the new The English National Collection.
Malcolm Snelgrove’s Gems of Dartmoor Photography Workshop will be included in a new collection of bookable experiences that tell the story of England’s National Parks, its people, landscape, history and cuisine.
Funded by the Visit England Discover England fund, the Experience Collection is designed to drive growth in international tourism particularly from Australia and Germany which represents 30 per cent of all visits to English National Parks.
Malcolm’s Gems of Dartmoor workshop is for anyone with a love of the outdoors, whatever their photography skills.
It’s a unique experience that goes off the beaten track offering budding photographers the chance to capture their Dartmoor stay in the most unique way.
Malcolm said: “I am so pleased to be included in the new Experience Collection which is a fantastic initiative to help drive the growth of international visitors to our National Parks. There’s so much more to Dartmoor than the well know honey pots, and this workshop really gets to the heart of the National Park, walking to destinations that offer a kaleidoscope of colour, taking advantage of the opportunities that cross our path and discovering those Gems of Dartmoor.”
As well as visiting stunning destinations that are off the beaten track, Malcolm will also be offering advice on improving photography skills giving hints and tips about taking great images along with all the technical detail required such as settings, composition and light, while at the same time unravelling the mysteries of the moors.
The English National Parks Experience is an immersive collection of experiences which can only be appreciated from within the national park landscapes helping people to delve deeper into rural English life, connect with local people, history, culture and cuisine.
German and Australian visitors represent 30 per cent of all international visits to English National Parks, contributing £100 million to local economies each year, motivated by quintessential English countryside.
Notes to Editors:
- The English National Park Experience Collection is a programme funded by VisitEngland’s Discover England Fund. Objectives of the fund is to; · grow tourism in the regions of England · increase the competitiveness of England’s tourism offer, domestically and internationally · develop bookable tourism products in line with market trends and in response to consumer demands
- The £40 million Discover England Fund, administered by VisitBritain/VisitEngland, delivers world-class, bookable English tourism products to the right customers at the right time.
- There are over 60 bookable experiences in The English National Park Experience Collection across nine of England’s National Parks: Broads, Dartmoor, Exmoor, Lake District, North York Moors, Northumberland, Peak District, South Downs and Yorkshire Dales.
- The Collection is working with the international travel trade in Australia and Germany
- Website coming soon https://www.nationalparkexperiences.co.uk/